Tuesday 28 September 2010

To iron or not to iron?

Just a quick post tonight. I feel there are so many other things I should be doing, not least that big pile of ironing in the corner, but I'm trying my best to ignore it! 

I'm not a big fan of ironing. Once I start it's fine, and I find it really satisfying to work through a big basket full and see the neat piles of clothes stack up beside you. It's just summoning up that first bit of courage to start! 

Having said all that, and despite doing my best to ignore the basket calling my name at the moment, I also don't like leaving the ironing lying around for more than a day or two without being done. I think I have my mum to thank for that. Still, it's a bit late to start it just now. I'll plough through it when Alasdair has a snooze tomorrow morning. Or maybe I'll just start some of it just now. Oh the agonising decisions of a busy mum!

I've put this week's dinner menu on the blog today. I also finally completed the little biographies of us all on the About me & my boys page, so you can check them out. My one isn't very exciting. I couldn't think of what to put! I think it must be that Scottish Presbyterian reserve and not wanting to blow ones own trumpet, so to speak.

So, now it's time to decide....20 minutes of ironing?..........or off to bed?

Gaelic word of the day:
leabaidh (l-ya-bee) - bed

I think you can guess what I've decided!
 Oidhche Mhath!


5 comments:

  1. I would have decided the same thing! :)

    I'm going to check out your other page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My day today has been full of procrastination lol! I seem to have one every once in awhile and I really need to do something about it!! I loved what you said about ironing and enjoying it once you have begun. I should have remembered that today.

    Sweet dreams and a good rest to you Kirsteen.

    ~ Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining Mama's Little Nestwork! Make sure to visit each week and comment in the Nest about features. We have a great feature right now! You will really love her blog! You have a cute blog. I do not like ironing! Yikes! Welcome to the Nestwork! If you want you can add your button to the In the Nestwork page.

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same about ironing Kirsteen, although I don't think I can claim to be as diligent about getting it done. My philosophy is, if it isn't ironed within a week or two, then, I will get to it. I'm very naughty. But I do agree with you that once I start, I don't mind it, and like to sometimes put on an old cozy movie and watch that while I iron... then it goes by really fast. I read "About me and my boys", and liked it very much. I loved hearing about you and your husband... so sweet. My husband makes me laugh too, and that is one of the things I love about him.
    Many Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I'm not the only one lazy about ironing! Thank you all for reassuring me.

    Pam, I used to put a movie on to pass the time but found that it took me twice as long to get the ironing done because I kept stopping to watch the film!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.