Monday 13 September 2010

Miscellaneous Monday



~Today is the first day of National Cupcake Week. I was thinking that in honour of this, I would make up a different batch of cupcakes every day of the week. Today is also, however, the first day of my husband's new job up north and so he will be away from today until Friday. I don't think I could justify making all those cakes without at least having him around to help me and the boys eat them. I would be the size of a house by the time he came back! There is also still a little of the birthday cake left. Non-the-less, I might make up a batch every second day. Any excuse really!

~Little Alasdair has re-discovered his wooden block trolley and is walking around the house with it. Before we went away for our summer holidays he had started to walk whilst pushing it. Then when we came back he seemed to have forgotten what to do! If you stood him up at the trolley he would just sit down again. Yesterday he crawled over to it, stood up and pushed away and marched across the room!

~James' class have been for a visit to the castle as part of a great project they are part of called 'Junior Tour Guides'. More about that in another post.

~Calum is studying the Lego catalogue in eager anticipation of his birthday next month! His class also went for a school trip. They went to the museum to see the Lewis Chessmen. I'll maybe get him to write a wee post on all he has learned about them one day.

~I was so chuffed today to finally work out how to make the button for my blog in the sidebar!

~Finally, if you thought the Lego ice cubes were cute, here is the photo of the Lego salt and pepper set I couldn't find the other night:




Gaelic word of the day:
Diluain (Ji-loh-yan) - Monday







2 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love your button! Can't wait to take one! The salt and pepper shakers are cute. How fun that your baby boy is starting to do some walking! Have a fun cupcake week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm I can't wait to see some pictures of your cupcakes! I loved all the tidbits of news.

    You are quite talented with computer techniques Kirsteen! Your blog looks beautiful!

    And yes, the salt and pepper shakers are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.