Wednesday 8 September 2010

My Latest Crochet Project

My grand ideas of having a craft of the week, or update of my latest craft on the go, have fallen slightly by the wayside since we came back from our summer holidays. We have been so busy getting things sorted for the house selling that I haven't had much spare time but this week I feel I really have the house just how we want it to be. I now have a little more time to myself in the evenings when I don't feel I should be de-cluttering some corner or other.

So here we are, my latest project.

I found the pattern in a magazine I picked up to read on holiday. When I first saw it I thought it would be a bit beyond me as a beginner to crochet. But then when I completed the tea-cosy, I thought 'why not have a go?'

Calum (7) has asked if he can have it when it is done. He has a soft spot for cuddly toys and has also asked for another on he saw in one of my new crochet books. He is like a big cuddly toy himself, he loves his cuddles.

I've finished the different parts of the toy, I just need to sew the feet to the legs, stuff them and the body, sew on the features and ears and sew the limbs to the body.


Can anyone guess what it is going to be? The answer is not as obvious as it may seem!

Oh, and thank-you all for your kind comments on the post below. They really meant a lot to me xxx

3 comments:

  1. Well, I'm thinking Teddy Bear, but now you have me curious. Boy I wish we could get together and crochet;
    I would love to get beyond "blanket" and "hot pad". Need some inspiration in this department. Perhaps you will spur me on to give it a try. Looking forward to the finished product.

    Oh, Happy Birthday, by the way.
    Much Love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing teddy bear as well - although I think it's probably not that!!
    It looks so neat, I'd love a little hobby like that. I started a cross stitch and I am fed up looking for it, seems to have been misplaced! But that's about as far as my sewing goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it looks so cute!! I'm guessing teddy bear. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.