Tuesday 14 September 2010

Introducing Korky...

...but before I do, and to keep the suspense up a little, here are my first batch of cupcakes in honour of National Cupcake Week.


These are Coffee Cupcakes. They are made using the basic cupcake mixture with 2 tsp of Camp Coffee Essence added. The buttercream icing also has another 2 tsp of the Coffee Essence in it.

I'm planning on making several more batches of cupcakes for the BBQ we are having on Friday. 

Moving on to Korky.

I mentioned last week that Calum (7) was patiently waiting for me to finish the crochet toy. He had already named it Korky before it was assembled. Those who guessed it might be a teddy were close enough. Without his features it wasn't really possible to distinguish him as.....




.....a Koala!




He has little dungarees, which cross over at the back,





and when it gets a bit chilly he can wear his wee scarf,


Korky and Calum are currently snuggled up and fast asleep.

8 comments:

  1. Korky is soooo cute!!! You did such a great job! I so want to learn how to knit or crochet! And you are making me hungry for cupcakes. I am not a baker. I can, not always well, but most of the time, don't. But.. I may have to make some cupcakes this week in honor of your national cupcake week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tea. I only started to crochet in the summer so I'm rather proud of him.

    My boys now have a list of things they'd like me to make for them. Tonight they found some crocheted Star Wars teddies online!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! Loving Korky, he really is a work of art!! Amazing! Well done. Lol at the Star Wars teddies, I think you're going to be busy!

    I must also make some cakes this week, maybe red velvet with the left over buttermilk I have in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw, seeing it is cupcake week - have you been watching the Great British Bake Off?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not seen the Great British Bakeoff. Is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've being enjoying it, I've watched it on iplayer. Each program they have to bake 3 different challenges (which seem really hard!!) and one person gets sent home. I've baked a couple of things I've seen on it - I made the macaroons - which did not work for me!! I have a scone and a choux pastry recipe as well for doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Korky is so cute!

    I found your blog on Tea's blog (Home maker's heart.)

    I decided I must follow you straight away!!!! No one understands a mother of boys like, well another mother of boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you stopped by my blog today.

    Yours is way cute.

    And you cook and crochet. Amazing! Adorable Koala, too.

    Hope to "see" you again soon.

    Sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.