Thursday 16 September 2010

Recipe of the Week - Yoghurt Loaf



This loaf is so quick and easy to make. To prove this, today's loaf was made entirely by Calum (7). He read and measured all the ingredients himself. All I did was melt the margarine for him.



The fun part of this recipe seems to be that you tip the yoghurt into the bowl first and then wash out the carton and use it as the measurer for the other ingredients.


You will need:

1 small carton of smooth soya yoghurt 
(it doesn't matter if it is flavoured, we used Strawberry & Banana today)
2 cartons of sugar
3 cartons of wheat-free self raising flour
2 eggs
5oz dairy-free margarine, melted

-Tip the yoghurt into your bowl then wash and dry the yoghurt carton.
-Use the carton to measure out the sugar and flour and add them to the bowl, mixing it all together with a spoon.
-Add the eggs, again just mix in with a spoon.
-Add the butter and mix until everything is combined well. The mixture looks a bit more like a batter than a traditional cake mix.
-Pour into a lined 2lb loaf tin.



-Bake at 170C for 45mins-1hour until golden and a skewer comes out of the cake clean.




-Enjoy for supper with a nice cup of tea.

Gaelic word for the day (phrase today, actually):
Pìos cèic agus copan tì (pees ceck agus copan tee) - a piece of cake and a cup of tea

The underlined sounds have the emphasis. I'm really going to have to start putting mp3 files on if this is going to make any sense to anyone!

4 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! Your little boy did a good job! I liked trying the phrase today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could reach into the screen and grab a piece, yum!! So you're moving too? I will miss my current city, but looking forward to new adventures in our new location too:-) Hope all goes well with your move, if you're moving that is:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks great. What kind of grain is the flour?
    I was just reading in your post below that it was national cupcake week...must be in the UK. I wonder if the U.S. doing the same. I will have to check and see. What a fun thing to celebrate. I like your cup cakes they look really good too. Oh, by the way I adore "Corky". I am really feeling the itch to knit or crochet something beyond what I have done in the past now that I see what you have been up to. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Much Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!! Haha - loving the fact that we both have Scottish in us, 4 kids AND love crochet!!!

    Loving your blog - can't wait to see what you and your family get up to!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.