Saturday 4 September 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

The quest to get our house ready for selling continued today, and phew, was it exhausting!

The removal company we have booked (even though we haven't sold or bought yet!) offer a service where they drop off a storage trailer at your house for you to fill when de-cluttering. They then call back and collect it, store it until you move, and then take it along with all your other stuff when you finally do move.

The trailer came this morning and so we spent the ENTIRE day clearing out cupboards, filling boxes and having a thorough de-clutter. I thought I was being quite ruthless. Any toys that hadn't been played with this year were packed away, as well as loads and loads of books and a few items of furniture. I also filled quite a few bags for the charity shop. Perhaps I should be even more ruthless when we move and see if there is anything else in the trailer that we don't need.

We had new carpets fitted last week in the living room, stairs and upstairs hall. The house looks great now.



The estate agent is coming on Monday to take photos of the house so I've just got a few more wee jobs to do before then.

Right now though, I'm going to collapse on the sofa and have a well earned rest!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a big job! We're hoping to schedule for measurements for our carpet this week. Yours looks great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selling a house and moving is sure a lot of work. I think it exhausts you physically an emotionally.
    Many blessings to you as you carry on with your move.

    P.S. your soup (below), looks good.

    Much Love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of this room looks so inviting. You take care of yourself and get plenty of rest! I too know the exhaustion the comes from moving.

    Much love Kirsteen :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.