Tuesday 1 February 2011

Things I would tell my younger self..

Over at Bloggy Moms they have a Blog Dare for 2011. The Dare is simply to blog every day this year and they have even set up prompts to help you think of something to blog about each day, in case you run out of ideas yourself!

While I'm not sure if I can promise to blog every day of the year, I do love the idea of the prompts for those days when you want to blog about something just a bit different from the usual.

So, after much racking of brains, here is what I would tell my younger self (and I'm thinking back to when I was a teenager here):



Gaelic word of the day:
nighean òg (nyee-an awg) - young girl



3 comments:

  1. Just found this blog through Mama's Little Nestwork. I love Proverbs 31, it's actually what my blog Living Up is based on; trying to be like that. So yeah, your blog just earned a new follower! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun prompt! I liked your answers a lot. I smiled at the one about little boys being fun because I never would have guessed, 20 years ago, that I would be a mother of four boys. But now that I am, I can't imagine it any other way! :)

    Sometimes I try to imagine what my 54-year-old self would say to my current self, if given the opportunity. What lessons will I learn in the next 20 years? And is there any way to learn them NOW so I can benefit from that wisdom so much sooner? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, thanks for stopping by, glad you liked the post.

    Davene, when I was a teenager I used to babysit my piano teacher's boys but I just saw them as hard work and not fun! I really can't imagine myself as the mother of a daughter at all.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.