Thursday 17 February 2011

Recipe of the Week - Toffee Popcorn


A quick and easy recipe this week.

You will need:




3-4oz popping corn
1oz dairy free margarine
1oz brown sugar
1tbsp golden syrup
a little oil




~Put enough oil in the pan to just cover the bottom. Add the corn, and the lid.

~Heat gently until popped, shaking the pan occasionally to stop the bottom corns burning.

~Meanwhile, in another pan, melt the butter.

~Then add the sugar & syrup and boil for a couple of minutes until a bit thicker.



~Pour the toffee mix over the popped corn and give the pan another shake to cover it all.


~Enjoy with a good movie.


We're watching 'How to Train your Dragon' tonight. 

And last night.

A Hollywood film with genuine Scottish accents! Excellent. Oh, yes, I should have said on Monday, apologies  for the American accents in the LEGO movie!



Watching the corn popping.


3 comments:

  1. YUM! My kids will love this - How to Train a Dragon is such a great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got caught back up on your last three posts. Oh, my. Food allergies are really something, aren't they? I have never seen a reaction besides a mild case of hives.

    The popcorn sounds great. I just may try that tonight!

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, are your boys on that movie too? Our wee guy practically knows it off by heart...he *loves* it. I'm the only one in the house who hasn't been able to watch it all the way through, but all the rest seem to think it's a pretty good movie.... Love the thought of the popcorn whilst watching ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.