Wednesday 2 February 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday

This week it's time to look at what my boys and husband have been crafting.


My husband is at home all this week. He has a few days off in return for having worked so many extra hours over the last couple of months. He has really been enjoying spending the extra time with the boys. At the start of the week they came home with an Airfix model soldier kit. There was great excitement all round.

I'm sure I've already said how much my husband loves Military history, especially World War 2, so this was as much for him as the boys.





The first few soldiers were painted by daddy. He had to show the boys what to do of course :0)


Then James and Calum were both able to try out their painting skills.





They are now totally hooked on Airfix models and have been searching online for their next purchases. James has had the idea that they will make up a sort of timeline of soldiers through time including Romans, Knights etc. Calum is very keen to try building one of the Land Rover models.




When my husband saw me taking the photos above he said I had to have a photo of all the infantry lined up behind their Captain.







And then I had to get a close up of the Captain.





From both sides.



I can see these little men taking over my life in the months ahead! It's so nice to see the boys taking such care over painting the little figures.



As for last week's project: 


I got the scarf and brooch finished.




I made a slightly different flower brooch to the one I made for my mum's scarf.


This one I made up all by myself!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen,

    Had to come and say hello. Loved getting to know you a little bit better! Your scarf is beautiful! Love the rose flower! I like to crochet also!

    What is beetroot? Never heard of it before now. Also what do you do with it?
    Thank you so much for letting us all get to know you!

    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirsteen,

    I just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and to let you know I'm now following yours. Isn't it fun to meet new people?

    The scarf you made is very pretty! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would be drooling over the photos of the figures! Loving your creations too. Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flower brooch is gorgeous! So smart and talented Kirsteen! The scarf is just lovely!

    I am so glad that your husband was home for a little while! It must be difficult at times for all of you to have him absent during the week. I love the solder kit! Such fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.