Monday 28 February 2011

A Movie Premiere

It seems like the day after the Oscars is the ideal time to premiere our James' Lego animation.


I mentioned a couple of weeks ago how I had bought some animation software for him since he so enjoyed making little animations using my phone.

He worked out how to use the software in no time. You use your webcam to take the still photos. There are over 2000 sound effects to add, as well as music and the option to add your own voice and music.

He spent the mid-term holiday week working on this one, which he has entered in the short film competition at the local Mod (the Mod is a Gaelic music/arts competition. More in another post, I'm sure!)

The animation is the story of the Sword in the Stone, but in Gaelic.





I think Aardman Animation will be on the phone soon offering him a job :0)



3 comments:

  1. Such talent!!! Winston was quite enthralled with me as we watched the video together! He loved the horse :P It really felt like a cartoon! So creative!

    Yes, I'm sure their will many job offers coming his way! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so very cool. How creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth was telling me about this video... I had to come over and see it. Gosh what an amazing little film. I think that software must be wonderful, and James is very, very talented! On the road to being a film maker. Our oldest son is in film school. He would have loved this when he was young. I will have to send him over to have a look.
    Much love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.