Monday 5 September 2011

Making our mark in history...

....or so the website says.

2011 marks the 400th anniversary of the King James Bible.

To mark the occasion the Bible Society and the Scottish Bible Society are working on 'The People's Bible' project.

Basically they are touring the country with some very clever Ipads, or similar things, that let people hand-write a couple of verses of the King James Bible. The verses can then be viewed online, and I think they hope to bring out a copy of the Bible too when it is complete.

The project began at Edinburgh Castle on 19th June, the anniversary of the birth of King James VI (or I of England) in 1566, and will end on 16th November at Westminster Abbey.

At the weekend it came to our town and we headed down to make our mark.

The computer gives you the two verses to write and you just have to copy them out.

Once you have done them you have to personalise it without writing your signature. My signature is just my handwriting so I wasn't sure what to do! I just wrote my first name.

I'm quite proud of my neat handwriting but it hasn't come up as neatly using the writing tablet. Plus, I had Alasdair on my knee at the time so that didn't help either. These are my excuses and I'm sticking to them.

One of my verses can be found here.

One of my husband's is here.

One of James' is here.

David is still very slow at writing so he didn't copy one.

And for some reason Calum's isn't available online yet. I'll post it when it is, as I think he has the best handwriting out of the lot of us!

6 comments:

  1. OH wow! I love this idea - off to look at the other entries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat! I think you ARE making your mark.
    Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow what a great idea. I believe it is definitely a part of leaving your mark in history. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, are they coming to england? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea! And how exciting that you guys got to participate! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.