Tuesday 20 September 2011

Here it is!

The little bear costume.

I thought I'd grab a couple of shots of the costume before bed time tonight but Alasdair wasn't too keen on trying it on for me by then.

I couldn't wait to share it with you all though, so here are the best photos I could get tonight.







Here's a close-up of that zipper I was so excited about.








The little hood, with the little ears.






And little sweet pod in his costume, trying to get the zip open.



If you are interested in making a sweet little costume of your own, then head over to Jessica's blog, Running with Scissors.

Although this wasn't my first sewing project, it was the first one I have done that involved cutting out this many pieces and assembling them, and like I said, my first zipper. The pattern is really easy to follow, with plenty photos if you are a more visual learner.

Now I need to get Alasdair and his costume out to the woods across the road and get some cute photos of it like Jessica has of her wee man!


3 comments:

  1. Kirsteen, it is so cute!!!! How adorable...lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, adorable costume ; and a cute little bear inside the skin. You did a great job. I enjoyed looking at the blog "running with scissors". What sweet patterns... hmm perhaps for my grandsons one of these days.

    Oh, by the way, your cupcakes(previous post) looked lovely and scrumpscious.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.