Thursday 29 September 2011

Recipe of the Week - Malteser Slice




I'm pretty sure that most of my Scottish friends who have a church connection will have a recipe for this, as it is found in one of the fundraising Free Church Cookbooks, which incidentally no self respecting Scottish Presbyterian kitchen can do without!


However, I could be totally wrong on that front and this traybake is just far too yummy not to share with everyone else.

As I was about to start writing this, I suddenly realised that perhaps Maltesers are only available in the UK, so I did a super quick google search and discovered that my bloggy friends in the Southern Hemisphere will know what they are, but those in the US may not.

I can't believe I'm explaining what a Malteser is, but basically they are little malty, honeycombed balls covered in chocolate. See here, if you really don't know.

Far too easy to eat.

But then, so is most chocolate!



For this recipe you will need:

4oz butter
8oz milk chocolate (especially yummy if you use your favourite - I'm a Galaxy girl)
3 tbs golden syrup
8oz digestive biscuits, crushed
'share' size bag of maltesers, which is roughly about 8oz
about 8oz milk chocolate to spread on top.

Super easy to make.

~Melt the butter, chocolate and syrup in a pan over a low heat.
~Add the digestives and then the maltesers.
~Spread into a traybake tray and allow to harden for a couple of hours.
~Melt the remaining chocolate, which could be plain or white chocolate if you prefer, and spread over the top.
~If you want to be a bit fancy then you could also melt a wee bit of white chocolate and drizzle or pattern it over the top like I did here.

4 comments:

  1. I am SO making this this week! I am used to them being called Maltezers, as I'm from Canada; in the States they call them whoppers! Man, this sounds so good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsteen this looks DELICIOUS! I love the close up of this picture as well! I think I can almost smell it! Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.