Sunday 10 July 2011

Things I'm loving...

button2

Better late than never!

This week I am very greatful for safety in travel for myself and the boys as we made the 8 hour journey home to my parents. Five hours driving and nearly 3 hours on the ferry. The roads were nice and quiet and the ferry crossing was nice and calm.


This photo and the one below were taken by an excited Calum. Excited by both the ferry and lorries coming out of it, and the prospect of 3 weeks at Granny & Shen's. (Shen is the shortened Gaelic version of grandad - Seanair - shenar. The Gaelic for Granny is Seanmhair but everyone seems to just stick to Granny, probably because the shortened version of them both is the same!)








I hail from the Hebridean island of Lewis, off the north west coast of Scotland. The ferry leaves from Ullapool and this photo was taken as the boat was pulling out.




Calum was again the cameraman for this one.





The next few were taken from the back of the ferry looking back to the Scottish mainland.





















For the first half or more of the journey, you can't see any land ahead, and it feels as though the journeey is going to be soooo long,






...and then you see it!



 It still takes quite a while from 'Land-hoy!' but at least you know the end is in sight!


We've had a relaxing couple of days so far, lots of running around on the croft for the boys, plenty of crochet time for me and the added bonus of sunshine - made all the more sweet by the fact that the rest of Scotland has been suffering torential downpours!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun journey!! Love the name for Grandad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool journey - reminds me of my ferry trip to the Isle of Skye with my mum in 2000 - Scotland is such a beautiful country! 8 hours is some impressive travel with littlies - you are very brave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kirsteen I know I repeat myself often on your blog, but those pictures are BREATHTAKING!

    A new dream that I have developed ever since we have met, to come and visit you and your Scotland. The only problem with a visit is that I would have to leave eventually!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.