Saturday 11 December 2010

Christmas Music


These two are my favourite Christmas albums.



I've had this one for quite a few years now and it's still my most favourite.
(If you had told me about 10 years ago that I would even just own an Aled Jones album I would have cringed with embarrassment!)






I bought this one last year, and it comes a pretty close second to the Aled Jones one. I love the sort of ancient sound of the voices on it.





This year I bought this one for the boys. A friend introduced us to Colin Buchanan earlier in the year and the boys just love his songs. His Christmas CD is really excellent. Very catchy songs and all about the true meaning of Christmas. It comes with the sheet music and lyric sheets so we are practising a couple of them to do a wee concert on Christmas day!






My most favourite Christmas carol is 'Oh come, oh come Emmanuel' and there is a version of it on both of my favourite two cds.

Here is the Aled Jones version.




All I could find of my second favourite CD on youtube was this clip of the composer talking about it, but you hear wee bits of the carols on it too.





I couln't find the boy's favourite song from King of Christmas, but I did find this one,





Happy Listening!

1 comment:

  1. I could only hear the second and third clips. Such wonderful enchanted voices and I think my children would love Colin Buchanan, too!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.