Monday 8 July 2013

Make it Monday - David's Eton Mess

 

 

David (7) likes to help out in the kitchen. He especially loves to help out if there are puddings or cakes involved!

 

Yesterday he wanted to help me make the pudding for our Sunday lunch and since it was such an easy pudding he was able to do it all himself.

 

Eton Mess is quite a popular dessert but this is our own version of it and I thought I would share it, although it's hardly a recipe. All you have to do is mix all of the ingredients together and serve! Don't make it more than a few hours before serving though as you don't want it to lose it's crunch.

 

The following recipe will feed about 4 - we made double - and quantities are only a rough guideline. Add more or less, depending on what you have and what you like.

 

Mix together:

300ml cream, softly whipped (not too thick or it's not a good texture with everything mixed in)

A punnet of fresh strawberries, halved or quartered (raspberries are equally yummy in this, or even both!)

About 100g mini marshmallows

Half a share sized packet of maltesers (whole, not crushed)

About 6 meringues, crushed.

 

After mixing everything together and sharing between the dishes, David topped each dish with a little more crushed meringue and some crumbled Cadburys Flake.

 

And there you have it, a super easy pudding for a summer's day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds wonderful. I love the name. I wonder what the American equivalent of a Malteser is? I love it when boys want to cook or prepare... its good for them to learn. Thanks for the recipe; I will have to put it on my list to try; I'm sure they would love it here.
    Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious, Kirsteen! I also like it when my boys want to be in the kitchen! I grew up w/ a father that likes to cook!..AND who does it very well! I had to look up what maltesers were, like Pam...but we do have such a thing! The major brand in the states is called Whoppers.
    Sounds like a very fun recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.