Thursday 12 January 2012

Recipe of the Week - Cinnamon & Orange Cake



If you cast your minds back to last November (2010), you might remember I posted a recipe for Cinamon and Clementine Cake, which you can find here.

The recipe below is a re-hashing of that one, and I make no apologies for putting such a similar cake up, as it's so delicious that a variation of it is no bad thing!

The re-hashing was borne out of necessity as when I went to make this last week (a) I had no clementines in and (b) I had no icing sugar in (I hadn't been near a food shop since I had done my massive pre-Christmas shop two weeks earlier, I have now though!)

This version also has the bonus of being quicker to make since it has no icing, and therefore ready to eat quicker too :0)




You will need:

6oz dairy free margarine
6oz Doves Farm Wheat Free Self Raising Flour
6oz sugar
3 eggs
1 orange
1tsp cinnamon

extra sugar and cinnamon for the topping


You won't need to ajust any quantities if making this with non-allergy free ingredients.

~Put the margarine, flour, sugar, eggs, zest of the orange, juice of half of the orange and the cinnamon into a bowl and then beat well together until smooth and creamy.
~Spread out into a greased and lined square brownie tin and bake at 180C for around 20-30 minutes until golden.
~When you take it out of the oven, pour the juice of the second half of the orange over the cake while it is still warm in the tin.
~When the cake is cool enough to handle, transfer to a cooling rack.
~Mix together 1-2tbsp sugar with 1-2tsp cinnamon (depending how cinnamony you want it) and sprinkle over the whole of the top of the cake.
~It is most delicious while slightly warm and with a nice cup of tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.