Monday 27 August 2012

Make it Monday - Crochet Froggy Hat

Over the summer I have had a few different crochet projects on the go.


Today, the summer seemed to take a turn towards autumn. Although autumn is my most favourite of seasons, I'm hoping today was just a blip as I'm not quite ready to let go of summer quite yet.


Anyway, I mention this because the weather outside (very wet, windy and dull) gave me the inspiration to finish off one of my summer projects.


I made one of these a year or so ago for my nephew and David requested one for this winter.

 

He's really chuffed with it and looking forward to the colder weather now. When I was finishing it off, Alasdair was watching me, and asked me when the snow was coming (in Gaelic). Not for a long time yet, I hope!

If it hadn't been so dark when I took the photos you would be able to see that green really suits David's beautiful olive coloured eyes!


Gaelic word(s) of the day:

(it's been so long, I think you all deserve more than one today!)

Uaine (oo-an-ye) - green

Losgan (just as it looks) - frog

Ad (again, as it looks) - hat

But to say 'green frog hat' you would need to say 'ad losgan uaine'

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.