Saturday 31 July 2010

Happy Anniversary

This was me, twelve years ago today.

Today my hubby and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary.

I woke up this morning to find a beautiful big bunch of red roses in the bedroom. He must have sneaked them in when I was still asleep. There was also a bag of gifts including the book, 'The Love Dare', based on Fireproof the film and a beautiful pearl bracelet.

I am thankful to God every day for my wonderful husband.

Tonight we went out for dinner, alone! Just the two of us!


Seriously, we did. I thought I'd show the lego set my oldest made up today. He came through and said, 'This is you and dad tonight.' Very sweet.

As we hardly ever get out alone, we took advantage of being at my parents' for babysitters. Also, my brother, wife and 3 boys (aged 8,6 and 2) are here on holiday too so it is a house VERYful of boys just now.

We had a lovely meal at the same hotel where we had our wedding reception. At the risk of boring anyone with the details, I had: falafel balls to start, mediteranean chicken skewers with cous-cous, and rhubarb mousse. Andy had: smoked mackerel pate, salmon steak, and banana & chocolate croisant bread and butter pudding.

We had an early dinner and so were back before the boys were in bed. They were having so much fun with their cousins that they had hardly noticed we were gone!

To finish with here are my then and now photos.





Perhaps I will blog at a future date about what I've learnt about how to have a happy marriage!


2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous bride! And a beautiful couple in your recent photo! A very happy Anniversary to you Kirsteen!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely photos.....
    I can hardly believe there are 12 years since you got married. Mind you, I can NOT believe there are 19 since *we* go married!
    How time flies
    Sounds like a lovely meal.... food info is NEVER boring!
    Love, Anne x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.