Wednesday 12 September 2012

Co-la-breith sona!

'Do not regret growing older, it is a privilege denied to many'

I don't remember who wrote this, but it's a phrase I whole-heartedly agree with as I turn another year older.


We celebrated by going out for lunch to Pizza Express, where the wee man was kept entertained with some colouring in. 






When we walked out of the Pizza restaurant, what did we find next door, but oh joy of joys, a French Patisserie!

We just had to go in, it was my birthday after all.

And the perfect excuse to have a slice of double chocolate gateaux large enough to feed a small nation. I don't think this photo does justice to the full scale of the cake - it was HUGE!









Later on in the afternoon the boys banished me from the kitchen so that they could make a birthday cake. Calum (9) had remembered the recipe since I taught him how to make a sponge cake in the summer. James (12) took charge of colouring the sugarpaste and other decorative touches. David (6) helped them both.

When everything was ready, they set up a birthday tea for me.










The cake was so pretty!






Calum had coloured the inside pink and purple.








'Co-la-breith sona mamaidh!' I'm sure you can work out that one!





7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kirsteen,

    I am very impressed with the talent of your precious boys. The cake is so pretty, and what a fun tea party.

    Many Blessings for you,

    Much Love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed with your sons making that cake! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pam and Susan. I was pretty impressed with them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kirsteen! Thanks for visiting my blog today! First of all, the cake your sons made is fabulous! That is very impressive! Secondly, that chocolate cake thing looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! That's a lovely shot of you with your boys at the end :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW Kirsteen!!! I love the cake your boys made you! It is so beautiful, they have such sweet hearts. I can feel the love they have for their wonderful Mama in this cake. I love the beautiful birthday tea they made you too!
    Wishing you a very happy Birthday dear friend :)

    Love
    ~Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay first of all, your boys are so thoughtful and amazingly talented in the kitchen! They have learned very well from their Momma! A very big Happy Birthday again to you! You look so beautiful in this picture. What a fun day :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.