Monday 9 July 2012

Make it Monday - Granny Square Blanket

It is now exactly two years since I determined to teach myself how to crochet while we were home on holiday at my parents' house. I didn't realise then that it would become such an obsession!


So it seems entirely appropriate that this week's make-it is my current crochet project.


One of the very first things I learned to crochet was a granny square. Last week I started making another granny square blanket.

I had first of all planned to make one the same as the one I made for my cousin's new baby a few months ago, especially as I had loads of the same wool left over.




Then I decided to make it just one huge granny square rather than lots of little ones sewn together.




I'm really pleased with how it's turning out so far!


Is anyone else busy with some holiday makes?

3 comments:

  1. I loved the baby blanket, and love this one too - the colours work so well together.
    I love the photo of your crochet bag and the start of the blanket - crochet is such a great passtime for "on the go" - Have a fabulous holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors, and the blanket looks so cozy! Of what is the yarn made? You're making me want to go work on my granny square blanket... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Kirsteen! That is gorgeous!!!
    Love the colors! I've missed your blog! I'll be watching for another post soon!
    Love to you and yours!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.