Wednesday 18 September 2013

Recipe of the week - Cajun Chicken {Gluten & Dairy Free}


This is one of my favourite quick and easy dinners and is always a hit with the boys too. It uses my three favourite spices - ground cumin, ground coriander and paprika.

I should say, I'm not really sure how we came around to calling this 'Cajun' chicken. It just seemed sort of Cajun styled to our Scottish taste buds and so I do apologise if there are any Cajun food connoisseurs out there! 

To feed 4 - 6 you will need:

500g chicken breasts, diced
3 tsp ground cumin
3 tsp ground coriander
3 tsp paprika
a little oil for your pan

For serving you will also need:

rolls (gluten free or normal) 
potato wedges (optional, but these are our favourite accompaniment)
green salad
and maybe a few onion rings too!



~Simply mix all three of your spices together in a shallow dish.








~Then add in your chopped chicken and mix until the pieces of chicken are well coated in the spices.








You might not have quite such a handsome assistant as I do but that's OK!








~Add the chicken to a pan that has been well heated with a little oil in the bottom. You might need to do this in batches. You don't want to be mixing the chicken about but put the pieces in the pan and then cover with a lid. Once one side is cooked turn them over and cover again. Using a lid keeps the chicken nice and moist.








~Once cooked serve on rolls with mayonnaise and a bit of green salad. If you are like us then do try it with some potato wedges and onion rings too! 




1 comment:

  1. Oh MY word!!! This looks and sounds scrumptious!!! I have been needing a new chicken recipe! I love cumin and paprika and can imagine how it all comes together. I will have to make this next week ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.