Monday 22 April 2013

Make it Monday - Crochet Shawl

 

I've been working on this shawl intermittently for the last couple of months. Just 10 minutes grabbed here and there, a little longer if possible! For once, it is a crochet project that I am making for myself!

 

 

 

Typically, I forgot to get a photo of it when the lighting was good!

 

 

It's still not finished. I want it to be nice and big and snuggly, so I think I am about 2/3rds of the way there.

 

I love the shell pattern in it.

 

 

 

 
I also love the wool, both it's soft snuggly-ness and its subtle shimmer. This photo is probably the best depiction of the actual colour.

 

The pattern for the shawl is available, for free, here.

 

I have a whole board full of inspiration for future crochet projects once this one is done on my Pinterest page. You can see what they are by clicking on the Pinterest button at the top right of the sidebar. Any suggestions from these as to what I should try next?

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely. I love the color and the shell pattern is very cute. I am off to check out your Pinterest Board.
    Much Love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I love it!! Great job and what a great memory. You will always remember this one secial project. Thanks for sharing it... I think it is so soft looking and so very pretty.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kirsteen! It is lovely! I think we saw a glimpse of it in a different post, and I've been waiting to see what it was you were working on! That shell pattern is very nice! I will have to check out your pinterest page...(not too up to speed on that yet, but Sarah says I'd like it!)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.