Monday 3 October 2011

(Busy) Weekend Fun

Well that was a busy weekend!

Phew!

It started with a coffee morning at school on Friday morning, one of those held as part of the Macmillan World's Biggest Coffee Morning and raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Care.

So I suppose the busy-ness for me actually started on Thursday when I had to fit in two batches of cupcakes, a chocolate cake and the cake part of Calum's birthday cake on the same day I do the big weekly food shop.

~~~

Since it was Calum's birthday weekend, he had a couple of friends round for a sleepover on Friday. They came back with us after school on Friday lunchtime, and so I had 6 boys in tow instead of the usual 4.

It was such a beautiful day, as was all of last week, a very late and most welcome burst of sunshine to make up a little for all the sun that was missing throughout our summer.

The boys entertained themselves for a good part of the afternoon while I got on with the task of turning a square sponge cake into three LEGO bricks! 

There was also more baking to be done as we were holding another Macmillan Coffee morning at church on Saturday.

The LEGO cake was a success.

Here it is before we added the LEGO men.




I asked the boys and their friends to choose their favourite LEGO men to decorate the cake and so we added this totally random selection of guys:













~~~


Saturday, like I said, had the church coffee morning, and in the afternoon one of Calum's friend's family were round for a while when they came to pick him up.

Then the evening was spent preparing my contribution to the fellowship lunch at church yesterday - Cottage pie and Apple Crumble, since your asking :0) 

~~~

After the lunch on Sunday we dashed off to the church where the boys attend Boy's Brigade, to attend a Founder's Day service in the middle of the afternoon.

Since we thought it was a bit much to expect Ally to sit through three church services, I stayed at home with him in the evening yesterday, and was rather glad of the chance to sit with my feet up!


All in all, it was a really fun weekend, but I'm looking forward to a quieter one next weekend!!


1 comment:

  1. Your lego cake looks so fun! I don't know how you made it through preparing all of that. I'm not the cooking-a-bunch type, so that would've been really overwhelming for me. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.