Firstly, thank you so much to Denise at Light, Liberty and Learning for giving me this award. How exciting!
We've all been fighting a bit of a bug in our house this weekend. First to go down was little Alasdair, who started with a high temperature and miserable night on Wednesday night/Thursday. Well, I suppose David had a nasty cough the week before that was keeping him up through the night, but David being David kept on going and didn't stop!
Friday afternoon was Calum's wee party and his best friend was here for a sleepover. Like I said before, there was lots of Lego fun! James was also on a sleepover at one of his own friend's.
Saturday afternoon we took Calum and his friend to another friend of their's birthday party. When they came out they were both totally washed out looking and Calum was complaining of a sore head. We picked James up and he too was white as a sheet and feeling unwell. When we got back home James and Calum slept from then until Sunday lunchtime!
They are on the mend now and I've got a bit of a sore throat, ear and head. It's not so bad really. I'm just taking things easy today. Monday is my busy sort the house out day and I've only done about half of my Monday chores but that's all I can face today. There is always the rest of the week to catch up.
Now, I'm supposed to reveal seven facts about myself before passing the above award on.
(1) Ok, my favourite colour is purple but my favourite colours to wear are black and red, because I think they suit me best.
(2) When I was little my friends all had girl baby dolls but I only wanted a boy one. A sign of things to come, I think!
(3) This month it is 15 years since I fell for my husband and knew he was the man for me.
(4) Apparently he fell for me the exact same weekend but it took him another 3 months to pluck up the courage to do anything about it!
(5) I love autumn, the way the trees look just now and autumn walks.
(6) I also love winter time, winter walks and coming home to a cosy house. In fact, I love every season at the start of it. I am thankful that we live somewhere with distinct seasons for us to enjoy. Still, I think autumn is my favourite because it promises so much.
(7) I have two brothers (no sisters); three nephews (no nieces); four sons (no daughters). See a pattern here?!
And to pass the award on to some blogs that I love.
These are blogs by ladies who have the same sort of outlook on life that I do!