Wednesday 18 January 2012

Happy Birthday James

Today my oldest boy turned 12.

I always feel that I should qualify this by stating that I was a young first time mum!

The artsy crafty birthday boy wanted and art chest for his birthday, as well as a selection of  WWII Airfix models.




Last year you may remember I posted the recipe for the Homemade Steak Pie that we had for his birthday dinner. It still remains his favourite dish and so it was on the menu tonight.






His request for the cake was a Captain America themed one, of course, so I took inspiration from the red, white and Blue colour scheme, as well as the star logo.













The Pie..........






The cake............






The band of brothers.............






The presents..................





Happy Birthday handsome boy ♥

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great birthday celebration! I need to check on that steak pie recipe...looks delicious!...Wow...12 years old...isnt't that a fun age? It is funny how they can age a dozen years in the same time that we only age 4 or 5....
    Happy Birthday, James! You have some friends here in Washington state that are enjoying your day from afar! Such nice gifts and delicious food AND a wonderful band of brothers to share it with! May the Lord bless you as you grow in Him this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, James! That cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like it was a fun birthday indeed! And that art set.....AMAZING! I would have been ecstatic to receive that when I was a child and teenager! (I was artsy and drew all the time and still would love to learn how to paint and paint WELL!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect celebration! Everything looked delicious and everyone looked happy ;) The boys grow so fast huh? I am glad you have four! Benjamin and I need to get in gear and have some more :)

    Happy Birthday James!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.