Monday 1 September 2014

Make it Monday - Crochet Scottie Dog & Sharpie Tiles

 

Last week I was working on another Christmas project but I also wanted to try out one of these little cuties.
 
 
I still need to put a little ribbon around his neck, and I'm thinking of turning him into a key ring.
 
The pattern is available for free here.
 
 
Moving on to a project the boys did in the summer holidays.
 
We had some old white bathroom tiles lying around so the boys used some Sharpies to turn them into pot stands. We baked them for about 20 minutes at 180C to set the pens but they do still rub off if they are rubbed hard. I think next time we will get some porcelain pens to be sure the picture stays on. Especially if we make some as gifts.
 
James (14) made this one.
 

 

 
 
 
 
David (8) did this one.
 

 

 
 
 
And Calum (11) drew one of his favourite vehicles.
 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Those tiles are so cute, you should open a little shop with your creative family ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.