Friday 11 November 2011

Some more remembering.


Photo from the British Armed Forces page.

On Sunday the three oldest boys will take part in the local Remembrance Sunday parade with the Boys' Brigade where poppy wreaths will be laid by local organisations.

Today they wore their poppies with pride to school, where a dignified minute's silence was held at 11am. I know when we were at school, although we wore the poppies, the schools didn't observe the minute's silence and it's great to see them doing that now.

We won't forget.

4 comments:

  1. I was talking with an old WW2 veteran today, and we were saying how today's kids know so much more about remembrance than we did. But I think one of the reasons is that, when I was young the memories were still so raw - too raw to speak about. So, so moving...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nor will we over here in the States.
    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like you do so much more honor on your Veterans Memorials than we do here. I like very much how you participate. We mustn't forget the sacrifices of those who gave everything so that we could be free. Love the poppies.
    Love and Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirsteen!
    I Loved Downtown Abbey. So far I've only been able to get season one here in the states, I hope season 2 gets out soon...I've been eagerly waiting for months!
    I really loved the costumes in that series too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.