Monday 24 October 2011

James' Mod Song


As you know, last week we were at the National Mod. If you didn't know, then see this post here.


The solo singing competition took place on a really stormy day. By the time we got back home at lunchtime the wind was so strong you could hardly stand up.

Needless to say, my granny didn't venture out to hear James sing!

Instead, we took the song to her, and I took this video of James there, since there is no filming or photography allowed in the competitions.

He doesn't sing the full song here, and sings it at a lower pitch than he would normally do if he had been given the starting note, plus he has the added distraction of his 2 year old brother playing with his lorries at the fireside, but other than that you get a good representation of the song!!




The song is called Eilean Beag Donn a Chuain (el-an bek down a choo-an) - Little Brown Island in the Sea, a lament about the Island of Lewis.


1 comment:

  1. OH! Hooray! Sarah and I were both hoping you'd post James singing his song! I'm sure Granny LOVED hearing her own special performance! He has a great voice...fun to hear a different language...very strange to my ears! Thank you so much for sharing his solo!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.