Monday 14 March 2011

Decisions, decisions........



A couple of weeks ago it was school photo day and today the boys came home with the proofs for us to choose which we want to order.

Let me apologise now for the quality of the following photos, as they are only scans of the little proofs!


I don't usually buy the individual photos of each of the boys, for the simple reason that it would just work out too expensive.



Calum's are both very good this year though. I love his new glasses that he chose about a month ago.

If I were choosing one of these I think it would be (a)








I will probably get David's individual photo as it is his first year at school, and I bought James and Calum's first ones too.

Normally they get sent home with two, maybe three, slightly different proofs each for you to choose from but David was given ten!!!!!

Perhaps it's just because they weren't sure which captured that mischievous little smile the best!

I'm veering towards (a) again here, although I'm swithering betweent that and (b)








The photo I always choose is the one of all of them, and I know which I am going to pick no problem here, it's (b)

Alasdair, being his usual shy self, took fright when I sat him on James' knee and the photographer lady started  speaking to him!



Please also note in the photo above how neat James' tie is, as this was taken first thing in the morning.


Compare that tie to the photo below.

Obviously the school photograph the younger children first, in the hope that perhaps the older ones can remain neater for longer.

Perhaps not.




Thankfully, I think a schoolboy is more authentic with a squinty tie and his shirt half hanging out!


Gaelic word of the day:
dealbh (jalav) - photo or picture
dealbh chluich (jalav chl-ooyee) - a play

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Well, I can see how you would choose a for Calum and David, but I do think b and c is adorable of both. I have to agree with you about school boy's and squinty ties... it is really dear. James looks very handsome as well. Love the grouping. I think it is great that you are able to have one taken of all of them for school pics. It is not done around here unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsteen,
    What handsome men you have! The photos are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the pictures are great, but I think I would choose b) for David. Your boys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.