Monday 27 October 2014

Make it Monday - Chunky Crochet Cowl & Hat

A few weeks ago Calum(12) asked me if I would crochet him a cowl.


He didn't mind what colours I used, but suggested that I used black in it somewhere. His new winter jacket is a mustard colour so I was kind of restricted by what might go with that.


He wasn't with me when I went to Hobbycraft to look for some yarn but he trusted me to choose something suitable!


As it happened they had their Women's Institute yarns on 3 for 2 and I was drawn to a lovely soft chunky yarn. 


Calum approved of my colour choices and I set to work making his cowl.


The chunky yarn worked up really quickly and so I was able to finish the cowl in one evening.


That was Friday night, and on Saturday Calum was heading off on another hill walk with Auntie Anna and her dog so he was keen to wear it - even though I hadn't sewn in all the ends yet! 


He's fairly clocking up the hills with Auntie Anna these days. In fact, he's started a notebook with the dates, names and heights of hills etc so that he has a log of them all.


Anyway, here he is road testing his cowl on a blustery hill.






























While he was out on Saturday, in the time it took Fraser to have a little nap, I had enough yarn to rustle up a matching beanie hat for Calum too, which he was delighted with. So much so that he's hardly had either thing off since I made them!








1 comment:

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.