Monday 17 February 2014

Make it Monday - Star Wars Cross Stitch

 
Short and sweet post tonight so that I can actually get a Make it Monday post out on a Monday!
 
For my latest craft I decided to embrace the geekiness that fills our house.
Especially the love of Star Wars.
 
It's also not a crochet project!
 
My first crafting love was actually cross stitch. When I was in high school one of the highlights of the week was going to the Cross Stitch club that our lovely Home Ecconomics teacher ran.
 
It's been ages since I last did a cross stitch project though, and I'd forgotten how long it takes! Crochet works up so much quicker and is also easier to do with a sleeping baby in your arms.
 
It was a fun wee project to do but I think I'll stick to crochet for now. Until the days when I have a little more spare time on my hands!
 

 

Whenever Alasdair wants to play Star Wars he pretends that I am Leah and daddy is Hans Solo so it seemed an appropriate craft!

 

If you want to join in the geekiness then you can find this cute pattern, as well as plenty others, on the Geeky Stitches Etsy store here.

 

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. I did a little cross stitch years ago, but haven't done it in a long time.

    When we were naming our kids, we had named our second son Luke... then when the girls were born, we considered the name Leah as one of their names, but realized with Star Wars in full productions, we would have a "Luke Skywalker" and "Princess Leah"... so went with Marie and Elizabeth instead... haha. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.